Saturday, July 12, 2008

Woodlyn Carver

I am starting this because my daughter thinks I should show some of the things I make for people. I will be adding some pictures as I learn more about blogging.
I started out by making things and would throw them away because I would know where the flaws were, or I would just give them away.
I always liked woodworking. I met this man named Bill in my Junior year that made custom things for people. He would make something for you and if he saw you a year later he would ask how the item was. If you told him a door was off a little or something was scratched he was at your house the next day to fix it .
Sadly, after knowing this man for 2 1/2 years, he died of Cancer.
So, I started making blanket chests and flag cases for people.
Now I am getting into carving things. When I make things from a small or large piece of wood I know everyone sees their own piece of beauty in the finished piece.


I made this pheasant and gave it to my vet. He said he put it in his cabin.


This was a chest I made for my daughter's friends.




My mother liked humming birds so I made this for her.

5 comments:

Michelle Auer said...

I think this is a beautiful homage to him. I'm so happy you are going to share your work. People should see it! It is that good!

BLP said...

Welcome to the world of blogging Dad!

Melodie said...

I had no idea you could do this caliber of work!

rachie said...

I agree with Michelle that this is a perfect tribute to him. He'd be so proud and impressed with your work, I'm sure. And I hope you don't throw away anything else!! You obviously do wonderful work.

Anonymous said...

That is very impressive!